Monday, May 07, 2007

Up for air


I have successfully demonstrated that blogging is not one of my achievements (this doesn't mean that I don't like it), as my previous post is dated September 2006.
If I was to flick the time-wheel back to that point and flick it back to today's date very quickly, this is what it may sound like:

November 2006: I turned 40. Big deal? Not from a factual point of view but from a personal satisfaction perspective, it's been the kind of event that makes me feel very warm and fuzzy; I found myself at a great point in my life, feeling no particular pressures. I've gone through some crappy stuff without too much damage. I have 2 great kids (who may change this warmth and fuzziness once they hit teenagehood). I have a great, caring and loving friend and partner to see me through the rest of my life. I don't feel the need to have a bike, fast car, mistress or any other mid-life crisis excuse. I have a job. I got a specially inscribed iPod for my 40th (hopefully the subject of more blogs to come)

January 2007: Escaped to Singapore (hopefully another subject of more blogs to come) for just over a week and had a ball. This was meant to be a Fiji holiday which got rescheduled due to an attempted coup. While we were there, I took a few plunges: the hotel's pool was just lovely. The main plunge though did involve some water; there was (amongst other things) a bathtub full of rose petals and orchids and some tears from Lesley's eyes, when I proposed to her. The outcome was very desirable! She said 'yes' and we are to be wed in April 2008. Blogs subject galore!...

May 2007: Another realisation that life is moving too fast. Started looking at secondary schools. My older daughter has got one more year at Primary and then our lives and related pressures will be turned up a few notches... Watch this space! Although I have been observing and sometimes participating in life in this particular lane through Lesley and her teenage daughter, it can't be the same once my own kids flick that magic switch.

So you haven't missed much, really... With regards to the "I have a job" comment, I've reached the point where I need to move on to the next role - be it within my current employer or a new one. Compared to the 'low' that the market was at when I joined this place in 2003, a recent browse of Seek is showing some exciting opportunities to be sought!...

The world is still the same too. Getting warmer and drier by the week. Over the part few months we 've been pushing the kids and ourselves to be more concious, responsible and therefore efficient. My favourite shout these days is "Lights!". Hopefully I'll share some tips and seek some advice via more blogs soon.



1 comment:

Moshe Reuveni said...

Congratulations on all accounts!
First I would like to say I don't see much reason to put much importance in the earth's relative location compared to the sun. For a start, the number of kilometers traveled between each such occurrence is unfathomable in human terms.
As for the job part of your post, all I can say is that recent developments have driven me to think the same way you do. However, personal circumstances mean I won't even think about it. That said, good luck!