Friday, May 11, 2007

May 13th - Happy Shark Day!


My Christmast present was a real surprise. Lesley latched on a few passing comments along the lines of "I haven't dived for yonks" or "I totally admire sharks" or "I'd love to do this!" and totally stunned me. Lesley has this amazing quality of remembering what we discuss even in the space of a few seconds and, when I least expect it, she just goes for it.

Two years ago she really stunned me with a hot air baloon flight over the Yarra Valley - one of the best experiences of my life, which we enjoyed together. This time it was kind of the same surprise but I'll be living the experience alone. Lesley will be on the other side of the glass - the dry side...

In 2 days time I'll be diving in the big round tank with a dozen or so sharks, stingrays, oodles of tuna fish and the odd turtle. Am i excited? Hell yes!!! It is going to be a full day as I am a novice diver and the morning will be spent going over some theory and a few practice dives at a nearby pool. A more comprehensive description of the day can be seen at: http://www.divingheadquarters.com.au/sharkdives.php/4

So watch this space some time next week!...

No comments: