Thursday, October 29, 2009

True to the core principle

Well it seems that subconciously I have adhered to the one and only principle of this blog "Now and Again"...

I will also, for the benefit and interest of friends and contacts in this country and around the world, attempt to summarise the past 2 years of my life so that we can (once again) start fresh. In a world fragmented by as well as replicated across Twitter, Facebook, email, blogs (MySpace is dead clearly) and other e-ways of spending infinite amounts of time trying to trace and reconcile, I am hedging my bets on blogs and FaceBook as the two surviving "my life on display" media.

So... the synopsis:

The second half of 2007 saw us preparing for the April 2008 wedding and trying to keep cool... Funny how a second wedding works in your head and how you want to go about it 'second time round'. In my case it was about somethng low key and yet memorable, different to the previous for many reasons and, importantly, enabling our kids to be part of it.

We were blessed with good luck in our preparations and the day itself went without a glitch - perfect weather, exemplary behaviour by all kids, and all our guests present and happy. Our memories of the day here

Later in 2008 I packed my two girls into a hired campervan and took a five day trip to Merimbula (just across the border into New South Wales) and just relaxed and enjoyed the weather and our company. A few shots here.

Somehow I gave myself two juicy hernias and had to get them fixed, so two bulletproof meshes and a few titanium staples later I got my lower regions reinforced (sorry folks, no pictures).

I am still working at nab (National Australia Bank) as an Architect and feel like a career change. Any suggestions?

All along that time, I rediscovered my passion for cycling too. Here in Melbourne cycling is the big thing now - the green and healthy alternative to driving and public transport. I am mainly riding recreationally, with the kids (when all electronics devices have been taken away) and to/from work weather permitting - a good 18 Kms each way.

A certain cycling event, and my 30 days of prep towards it, is likely to be the subject of the few next blog posts. I will be taking part in this year's Great Victorian Bike Ride, this year taking place along the spectacular Great Ocean Road.

So watch this space... It could be fun and interesting...

1 comment:

Moshe Reuveni said...

Welcome back!
Loved the wedding photos and sharing the notion of a career change.