Friday, August 04, 2006

TGI Friday


A colleague of mine recently returned from a 5-week Contiki Tour of some European Countries. To my astonishment he spent 10 minutes telling us by the different varieties of MacDonalds burgers across the different countries. I found that quite funny as this particular topic would have been (very happily) well off my list of things to experience while overseas. Another colleague and I agreed that, when overseas, MacDonalds is a good toilet-stop because every restaurant has a W.C. and they tend to be quite clean merely because of the turnover of clients.

I found myself asking so many questions about London and the truth is I miss London terribly. It's the whole area from Hyde Park Corner to Russel Square, to Covent Garden, to Embankment and to St James Park. The smell of fires from the street performers at Covent Garden, of food in Chinatown, roast chestnuts at Leicester Square, ink from the Evening Standard...

I spoke about some of the popular food establishments (which he missed) like Perfect Pizza and TGI Friday. The latter of course stands for Thank God It's Friday (whatever God means to all the different ethnic origins in England!).

And because it's Friday, I have attached one of 5 pictures sent to me this morning by Moshe titled "Maths Genius". They made my day! It's one of the funniest things I 've received for a long time and I wish I get more like those.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!...

3 comments:

Moshe Reuveni said...

I assume you are aware of the fact you can visit TGI Friday in the Jam Factory, Southland and other places (I assume Doncaster would be the one most relevant to you)?
It's nice, but it's over priced, if you ask me.

K Williams said...

Indeed I am, but the atnosphere here in Melbourne does not compare!... In London (at least 8 years ago) it used to be one of the prime spots for people to catch up after work xuiabvs- lively, loud and friendly.

Down under it's a bit too laid back...

Moshe Reuveni said...

I wonder whether it's the same, too. I was there in 99 (as in a London branch in the West End), and when I looked for the place back in 2001 I couldn't find it.